Friday

"The Book of Me, Written by You" - Memory Tree

This is a journey of finding yourself and how your loved ones see you in their eyes. Further, this can be online and carried forward to share, if you wish, to future generations.
This is a journey of finding yourself and how your loved ones see you in their eyes. Further, this can be online and carried forward to share, if you wish, to future generations. - See more at: http://joannfitz.blogspot.com.au/2013/09/the-book-of-me-written-by-you-topic-1.html#sthash.2TuO2bVu.dpuf
This is a journey of finding yourself and how your loved ones see you in their eyes. Further, this can be online and carried forward to share, if you wish, to future generations. - See more at: http://joannfitz.blogspot.com.au/2013/09/the-book-of-me-written-by-you-topic-1.html#sthash.2TuO2bVu.dpuf
The prompt for the week is:    
Memory Tree
The Brief:

 As we head into the festive / holiday season I want us to think of those who will not be with us for the season. If this was your memory tree who would you put on the tree and why?
This can of course be friends and family, but what about former pets and colleagues.

I guess the question is who is on the memory tree. Every year when we put up the tree, we have ornaments which are respective of people or pets that have been close to us. However, for my husband's side of the family, he hasn't done anything like this.
Our 2014 tree

On the tree are in remembrance ornaments. I started this in 2013 for each of my Polish ancestor families - Wojtkowski/Wojtkowska, Jagodzinski, and Ostrzycki. This was because I found Polish ornaments that were made in Poland.



I haven't been able to find ornaments for Denmark or Belgium. If I don't, then I'll have to get ornaments from countries near there and put a tag on them like I have the ones from Poland.

We have remembrance ornaments for the 2 babies we lost - our February baby and Jamie Sweetpea.

Also, we have remembrance ornaments for past dogs - JR, our Jack Russell, and Jackie, our terrier cross. We do have one for our current dog, Buddy (another Jack Russell), but it does not have an end date on it.

All year around we have pictures out of people who have passed - Brett's "Uncle Al", Brett's friend Mrs. Hodges and now Brett's grandmother, Wendy.


  Check back for the continuation of "The Book of me, Written by You" series.    

2 comments:

  1. I like this idea. I don't have any remembrance ornaments.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it was a fitting way to remember them as usually the holidays are when we are thinking about our relatives the most. :)

      Delete